Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Hiking We Will Go

We went for another little hike through Nags Head Woods recently. This time Dada was invited and came along! Everyone had a great time. We are looking forward to more hikes when the weather finally decides to warm up for good. It is perfect for a whole family outting, as well as a great way to burn off some energy. And since we are "changing our naps" these days (which Kingston says every day and I have taken to mean he wants to skip his nap), I like to make sure he is good and tired and ready to go to bed earlier than usual.

Chase me!


The one-legged pose.

A great family shot, even if it does look like an advertisement for SmartWater! Too bad I'm too lazy to edit my photos. . .



Family shot, take 2. The lighting was better in the first, but the composition is better in this one, if you want to get technical about it.



Handsome hiker.


We hiked about a mile and that was a plenty this time. There are a few more trails that are longer that we will try later. We had to ease Dada into it!
And on a totally different note, we have less than 2 weeks until our Marathon. Zoinks! (I've been watching waaaay to much Scooby Doo recently.) I think we are ready but I'm not totally sure!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am so excited that you added another wonderful, fabulous addition to your blog! I love to read about your family outings. Kingston is a wonderful hiker plus he is such a cutie pie! Good luck with the marathon, you make me get up and exercise more!
:)
Gail

Rendy said...

Walking the Nags Head Woods trails is becoming a family tradition. Aunt Freda and I are making that a Sunday habit! What a great place for a family outing for all ages....and what cute, handsome, beautiful hikers you are!